Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More of London and a quick whizz to Southsea

DSCN1397 DSCN1395Here are a couple of photos featuring Cathy, Chris and Taff and then me, Chris and Taff (to show I did go too). 

The above shots were when walking along the Southbank in London.

We had such a wonderful day and I have said it before but it bears saying again, whenever we have a really great time it is invariably due to the company we are keeping at the time. 

 

 

 

 

DSCN1389 This is the recreation of Shakespeare's Globe theatre and somewhere I do want to visit to both see behind the scenes and to see a performance.  Maybe next time; the trouble is with London there is so much to see.

I have been to London a dozen or more times in the last couple of years and have never found enough time for everything that catches my eye.  I think the secret in part is to mix the free with the paying, especially as the costs of staples such as heat, food and shelter rise ahead of salaries (for those of us fortunate enough to be in paid employment).

 

 

 

DSCN1365

DSCN1364

Left is a shot of Chris and I waiting for (don't tell anyone) donuts.  Right is how we felt about our imminent dietary sinning.

Well, you can't travel for an hour from Surrey to Southsea to the seaside fair and not pig out.

It was an excellent trip, thanks in the main to the company, my mate Taff's insistence on doing all the driving and in part to the fact that he has the most gorgeous luxury car.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Cornwall, United Kingdom
A married Cornishman who is getting an inkling of what he wants to be when he grows up. I currently work for the NHS. [See bottom of page for Blog Archive and Links.]