Saturday, November 01, 2008

An indulgence day

Back from holiday and managing to avoid succumbing to the cold at present.  Not managing to adjust for the clock change that comes from returning from Cyprus.  This morning we woke before 6am and couldn't get back to sleep.  Rather than just lie there, we made tea and watched an episode of Mock the Week.  This is how the indulgence day began.

 

Joost is a boon for anyone wanting to enjoy an indulgence day starting at home.  It has a range of channels that one can watch, my favourite is Sci-Fi Fix which has been running through the Babylon5 canon a handful of shows every few months.  Not having digital nor the £80 available for the full DVD set I am so grateful.  As I type this I am watching the episode Mind Wars and thoroughly enjoying it.

image

My phone contract is now past it's contract period and I can source a new one without penalty.  There is one phone that has caught my attention, the HTC Touch HD - a 3.8", WVGA touch screen phone that runs Windows Mobile 6.1. 

The only downside I can see at the moment is that it is exclusively available from Orange.  I moved from Orange to T-Mobile because of their hugely superior data bundle, I am somewhat reluctant to move back.  It was not easy to locate but I have found that Orange has a £7.50 monthly bundle with a cap of 25MB per day; a massive leap forward from the £15 for 25MB, or some such, that once existed but still not quite what I have now.  More research needed I think, the phone isn't due till the second week of November I believe anyway.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Cornwall, United Kingdom
A married Cornishman who is getting an inkling of what he wants to be when he grows up. I currently work for the NHS. [See bottom of page for Blog Archive and Links.]