Saturday, January 31, 2009

If I had easy access to a helicopter, I'd fly to Oxford this weekend

Take me to the city of Dreaming Spires



I love the city of the Dreaming Spires. I get such a buzz standing in college quads and almost hear the neurons buzzing. The Bodleian Library is amazing and Oxford University's connections with people I admire sparks all sorts of ideas and imaginings.



I never made it there to study myself but I like to sit in a pub or cafe look at people and imagine what their life might be like, what it might have been like if I had made it there.



It's not just about the gown either; the city has some great shops and architecture but it is definitely the academic side that draws me there.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Cornwall, United Kingdom
A married Cornishman who is getting an inkling of what he wants to be when he grows up. I currently work for the NHS. [See bottom of page for Blog Archive and Links.]