Thursday, May 10, 2018

I should be writing

I should be writing, I should also be focused. One out of two can't be that bad surely?

I am sat in bed, or semi sat or semi lying in bed with this laptop on my chest. I should be catching up on the sleep my chair bound nights have deprived me of. Not deprived exactly, more the position I could get into the chair moved the prospect of sleep further away. The land of nod was just around the corner I just wasn't getting on the bus. It was bad enough dealing with the debilitating cough I had developed.

Crumbs! I can write some self indulgent rubbish about myself when I am feeling poorly. As soon as I made a post of Facebook in the early ours to say that I was ill I regretted it. Within minutes I was thinking of people I had heard were very poorly with something far, far worse than a two week sore throat and hacking cough.

What a difference a day makes, well two. Two days and a dose of antibiotics to be precise. Further to go, yet I can breathe so much easier and only cough every couple of hours, or if I start laughing hard, (which I am blessed to say is not difficult at work).


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Cornwall, United Kingdom
A married Cornishman who is getting an inkling of what he wants to be when he grows up. I currently work for the NHS. [See bottom of page for Blog Archive and Links.]