Friday, May 01, 2020

A return of sorts

For a long while now I have lacked the gumption to write blog posts.  I had even forgotten, it shames me to say, that this blog existed.  

One of my closest friends, Marianne, returned to blogging recently and it has proved something of an inspiration to me.  From reading her posts at Marianne's World I began commenting, in a fuller manner than Facebook, Instagram or Twitter has ever drawn from me.  Once in a form of "flow", I penned a couple of longer than normal emails and began to realise that the pleasure in the act of writing returned to me.  

It is hard to explain the pleasure I get from writing more than a paragraph.  I get lost in what I say, the words tumble from my brain through fingers and thereby the page, by way of handwriting or typing.  At the other end, I look back on what I have produced and a "warm, fuzzy feeling" comes over me.  This is something I have crafted and the flow of words adds to my almost sense of wonder.  How can a few marks on a surface carry so much information still strikes me as a wonder after 50 odd years of doing so.

A lot of what I will write about may carry little meaning for anyone but me but I will be happy if I can write the occasional post as things occur to me or catch my eye.

I am grateful to Blogger, and Google, for keeping the faith with me, having this blog still on hand and ready to accept input from me, despite it being nearly 2 years since my last entry.  

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Cornwall, United Kingdom
A married Cornishman who is getting an inkling of what he wants to be when he grows up. I currently work for the NHS. [See bottom of page for Blog Archive and Links.]