I know that bluetooth has a range of something like 10 feet but it can still surprise me.I am sitting downstairs in the lounge of our friends in Camberley, my Sony Ericsson P910i phone is on the bedside cabinet upstairs. I finished a blog entry and hit send without thinking about it and, after a few seconds, it was gone and Diarist (thank you once again Kevin Daly) reported those magic words Post Successful.The fact that I am using bluetooth is something of an embarassment to me. I set up wireless internet for my friend early this year and made strenuous efforts to ensure he was secure. I came up a few days ago thinking, 'Great I can (with permission) collect emails and update my RSS feeds via their connection'. I fired up my Axim not long after arriving and discovered that I can't even see the signal!I know what the problem is, I locked the signal down to 804g only - but why?!?What reason could I have had to do that, especially knowing that if I came up I would be using an 804b Axim. Weird. Oh well, I have my phone and am happy using that for the little I need. I had loaded up with podcasts be fore I left, should I need them for the journey up or back, and RSS and email isn't too much of a strain on my meagre GPRS resource.
- ► 2008 (100)
- Nanuke of the North
- Jacket Envy
- The marvels of bluetooth
- New Year's Eve
- Feedback - Storing PhatPad files and jpgs
- A thank you for the fine start
- UREN V1 - I really should have one of these
- Cheaper Computer Helpline numbers
- A new victim/nominee
- Change in Tagged blog line up
- Cabinet War Rooms Part 1 The most interesting pa...
- Tag, I'm it! 5 things you don't know about meHavi...
- More of my 15 minutes of fame Thanks to a blog po...
- Unexpected Christmas Gifts
- There are good reasons for anonymitySteve Beall a ...
- I really want one of these Just when I thought I w...
- Brazilian night in Baswater I won extremely lucky ...
- Dispatch from the old telephone exchange, Cabinet ...
- Arrived in LondonIt's 5.50am and the sleeper is si...
- Cornwall at Christmas on the BBC
- After the show is over
- Nearly there
- No food for 26 hoursI have a Medical examination t...
- I really should take more care
- More ink
- Brlghthand reports N95 delaysIn what is disappoint...
- Fame at last
- Second blog ink entry
- Test ink post
- A Lesson in humour
- It's been a while I still haven't cracked regular ...
- Starbucks ExeterBased two doors down from the Virg...
- ▼ December (33)