Friday, April 14, 2006

Register of birth, marriages & deaths

I need to get to grips with Phatnotes on this Pocket PC; there are lots of bits and pieces I want to record for future reference.

I need something like Evernote or Onenote, though I suspect Phatnotes could work if I just knuckle down.

For the moment I am going to use this blog to record items, here's the first.

The whole of the UK National Birth, Marriage & Death indexes, from the official start in 1837 to 1983, can be accessed free at www.ancestry.co.uk. On the homepage of that site you click on the England & Wales, BMD Index (Beta) - (just below the box marked Exact Search) - underneath More Collections, then follow the provided instructions.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Cornwall, United Kingdom
A married Cornishman who is getting an inkling of what he wants to be when he grows up. I currently work for the NHS. [See bottom of page for Blog Archive and Links.]

Blog Archive