Friday, March 16, 2007

News feed and RSS reader for Pocket PC and Smartphone - NewsBreak brings news, weather and more to your PDA.


News feed and RSS reader for Pocket PC and Smartphone - NewsBreak brings news, weather and more to your PDA..


I love Blogjet, for the first time I can easily, seemelessly almost, post from where I am currently surfing.


Here is an example, I am currently downloading Prairie Home Companion podcasts for a the road trip to collect from Cathy (my beautiful wife, emphasis on the beautiful) from Stratford-upon-Avon; I am using this Thinkpad x60s to convert DVDs for use on my Dell Axim x51v so I decided to download the podcasts directly onto the Axim.


What I used to do was locate the latest RSS entry using Ilium Software’s Newsbreak programme, click on Read More (so it would launch the page in Pocket Internet Explorer) and then download the file; this process seems like the Stone Age now.


Newsbreak 2.0 now allows downloading of podcasts from within the RSS feed entry.  not only from within, I don’t have to open the actual entry, I can click to download the file from just viewing the headline.  It is so simple it’s brilliant!  The icon to the right of the headline is even large enough I can tap it with a finger nail.


Thank you Ilium.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Cornwall, United Kingdom
A married Cornishman who is getting an inkling of what he wants to be when he grows up. I currently work for the NHS. [See bottom of page for Blog Archive and Links.]

Blog Archive