Friday, March 23, 2007

Often the simple things are the best

I wish I could remember this.


 


I have just spent 3 hours, 3 precious hours, trying to get my x60s to connect and stay connected to my wireless network. 


Lenovo recommend that one uses their Thinkvantage software to connect to the net.  I have patiently waited the 3, 4 or even more minutes for a connection; for no readily apparent reason the connection would drop after a variable number of hours (while my Axim stayed connected).  Sometimes i could re-establish a link and sometimes it would take a restart of the notebook.


Out of frustration I decided to turn on Windows wireless handling – connection took 20 seconds!!


I am not complaining, there could well be a software upgrade that is needed, I shall just take advantage while I can.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Cornwall, United Kingdom
A married Cornishman who is getting an inkling of what he wants to be when he grows up. I currently work for the NHS. [See bottom of page for Blog Archive and Links.]

Blog Archive